Having trouble with your telephone connection?
Kalama Telephone provides repairs and maintenance. If the troubleshooting information below does not resolve your issues, please call our repair service to report a problem:(360) 673-3322 (24 hour number)
Why Won’t My Phone Work?
The tech & phone company went above & beyond the call of duty to repair my issue. Love the ‘small town’ feel of Kalama.
That depends on whether the problem is in your telephone set, in the wiring inside your home or office, or in the outside lines and switching equipment that Kalama Telephone Company uses to provide you with service. Simple tests can help you determine whether to call Kalama Telephone Company or another company for assistance. These tests may save you time and money.
These tests can help you determine why your phone isn’t working:
- Check to see if all of your telephones are hung up.
- If you have two or more phones that unplug, unplug all of them. Then try each one—one at a time— in each phone jack or outlet. If one phone doesn’t work anywhere, you probably have a phone equipment problem. If none of the phones work in a particular jack, you may have a jack problem. If none of the phones work in any jack, you may have a Kalama Telephone Company line problem.
- If you have phone accessories—such as answering machines, speaker phones, cordless phones, a security system, or night bells—make sure that equipment is working. If your telephone service works without the added equipment, the problem may be with the accessories.
It may be caused by the weather, aerial satellites, poor grounding or other conditions that are only temporary. If the noise persists, the troubleshooting tips listed above may help isolate the problem.
The interference may also be caused by radio frequency signals from amateur, citizens band (CB) and AM/FM broadcast stations.
Because cordless telephones operate on radio frequencies, they can receive interference from sources such as florescent lighting and microwave ovens.
State and Federal Regulations make the customer responsible for the wiring and customer-owned equipment (CPE) inside the home or business. In the event you need additional wiring and/or jacks or there is a repair problem, you have three options:
- You can perform the work yourself.
- You can hire an independent contractor.
- You can hire Kalama Telephone Company and we will charge you our time and material rates.
If customer-provided equipment is defective or harmful to the network, it must be removed. Kalama Telephone Company may temporarily disconnect your service upon giving notice of problems.